- Should you ever have the chance to visit Taiwan, there are simply things that you must see and do. Especially if you want to be able to get the full experience of this beautiful country and see and immerse yourself in all that it has to offer. We also know that when visiting a foreign country it can be quite hard to really refine your itinerary so that you have the best experience possible! Check out our list of must do’s and things to see when visiting the incredible city of Taiwan.
Things To Do When Visiting Taiwan
- The Golden Waterfall- This waterfall is not only beautiful it is unlike any other. Located in an area where copper and gold mines were once located, the waterfall is set against the Green-Hulk like Mt Keelung and the Yin Yang Sea. In fact the waterfalls run off runs into the sea. What’s so spectacular about this waterfall is that although the mines have been shut down for years the rain the area gets seeps into the land and reacts with the metal deposits that are still left there creating a beautiful gold shimmer all around and throughout the waterfall. Seeing it is believing it.
- Keelung Mountain- A 45 minute hike to the top of this now extinct volcano will give you sensational panoramic views of the area!
- Long Shan Temple- This religious temple was built in the 5th year of the Qing Dynasty and is located in Taipei City. It holds a lot of culture and daily religious practices of some Taiwanese locals can be observed when visiting.
- Shi Fen Old Street- This is Taiwan’s city of lovers and dreamers. There is a constant release of blue lanterns in to the sky throughout the days and is a city to be explored and enjoyed by all.
- Shi Fen Waterfall- This beautiful natural waterfall has also been dubbed the Niagra Falls of Taiwan. It is the located along Pingxi Line and is the largest waterfall in the area!
- Yang Ming Shan National Park- This mountain dwelling is lined with hot springs that many locals and tourists visit to soak in the warm water full of minerals to rejuvenate their mind body and soul. It’s known as a place of relaxation and tranquility
These are only a handful of the many exquisite places and natural beauty the country of Taiwan has to offer. Whether exploring nature’s boundaries or the city packed with some of the largest companies and tallest skyscrapers you have ever seen, Taiwan holds something for all types of adventure seekers!